Dental Treatments :: Hygiene for your TEETH
A good daily dental hygiene routine will ensure your teeth and gums are rid of the daily build up of plaque and tartar whilst regular dental hygienist appointments for teeth cleaning, remove the plaque and tartar in those harder to reach places to prevent cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease.
Gum disease and tooth decay is the most common global disease affecting every family. Over 80% of cavities occur inside pits and fissures on chewing surfaces where brushing cannot reach food left trapped after every meal or snack and saliva or fluoride have no access to neutralise acid and re-mineralise demineralised tooth.
We provide dental hygiene appointments to fully clean your teeth and gums and advice on your daily dental hygiene routine. Our dental hygiene appointments provide:
- Dental hygiene examination to look for any inflammation, bleeding and plaque or calculus build up.
- Scaling & polishing to remove all plaque and calculus with a variety of the latest equipment including the latest air polishing which fires a jet of air, water and sodium bicarbonate at your teeth to remove debris and polish the surface.
- Daily dental hygiene advice and routine to ensure you can maintain those areas visibly accessible on a day to day basis in between dental hygiene appointments and ensure long term problems caused by poor dental hygiene remain at bay.
- We can help with halitosis treatment too at our London clinic, this can be a common result of poor dental hygiene.
Your daily dental hygiene routine
Follow this simple routine for a perfect daily dental hygiene routine. Toothbrushes, mouthwash, flossing ribbon and tongue scrapers are all available from our practice.
- Brush your mouth morning and night, concentrating on all areas of your teeth and gums
- Use an electric toothbrush for maximum cleaning effect
- Some patients can benefit from a good mouthwash after brushing
- Daily flossing or use of Tepe brushes helps to remove plaque and tartar in between your teeth
- We recommend a tongue scraper to remove any debris on your tongue
- And of course a regular dental hygiene appointment at our clinic to remove plaque and tartar from those hard to reach areas
Dental hygienist team
We employ a dedicated team of four thoroughly trained dental hygienists and dental therapists to provide dental hygiene appointments and advice at our practice. Helping with teeth cleaning, bad breath treatment and all other side-effects of dental hygiene issues.